What Is an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)?
After going through detox or finishing inpatient drug rehab, many people feel that they need additional support. Whether they’ve just left residential care or just need extra help during a difficult time, our Pomona IOP program is a great way to get outpatient drug rehab without big disruptions to regular life.
Intensive outpatient programs, also known as IOP rehab, are addiction treatment programs that let clients get the help they need without having to live onsite or take time away from responsibilities like work or school. In our intensive outpatient program in Pomona, clients are able to attend programming on a flexible schedule that fits their day.
How Do IOP Programs Work?
Intensive outpatient programs use a combination of evidence-based techniques to tackle addiction from different perspectives.
Common treatment methods used in IOP include:
- Individual therapy: A one-on-one session with a therapist
- Group therapy: An addiction therapist leads a group in discussion
- 12-step program meetings: Regular attendance at AA/NA meetings builds additional support
In our Pomona intensive outpatient program, we also offer additional transitional support, like helping clients find housing in sober living facilities.
The Many Benefits of IOP Treatment
Our outpatient program in Pomona offers a wide variety of benefits for clients, such as:
- Individuals can get help for a substance abuse disorder without having to take time away from work, school or other responsibilities
- Instead of living onsite like in an inpatient drug rehab program, clients are able to continue living at home or in another safe, substance-free place
- Individuals at various stages of recovery can get continuing care when they need it
- Flexible programming hours lets clients fit their addiction treatment program more easily into their schedule
- IOP programming is generally less expensive than residential care, and it’s a good transitional stage after other inpatient care
Dual Diagnosis IOP Treatment
Very often, individuals struggling with drug and alcohol addiction also find themselves dealing with various co-occurring behavioral and mental health disorders. Dual diagnosis IOP treatment addresses those co-occurring issues and how they interact with the addiction.
Diagnoses like depression and anxiety are especially common among those with substance abuse problems. In our Pomona outpatient program, we know that counseling for co-occurring issues involves understanding their impact and how to manage them going forward. For those who have used drugs and alcohol to self-medicate in the past, this is extremely important to preventing relapse in the future.
For some people, living at home during or after treatment means setting rules and making it a substance-free space. For others, things like unsupportive family and environmental risks make it much harder to set those boundaries. For those who don’t have a safe, substance-free place to stay, sober living is an enormous help.
If you need a place to stay during your IOP treatment, we’ll help you arrange for housing in our sober living facility. By living with others in a secure place free from drugs and alcohol, you can avoid temptation and build new relationships with understanding peers.
About One Touch Recovery Center in Pomona, CA
If you’re looking for drug and alcohol outpatient programs in San Bernardino County or Los Angeles County, One Touch Recovery Center can help. In our Pomona IOP treatment programs, we help individuals from all walks of life understand and overcome their addictions through therapy, 12-step meetings and other effective outpatient rehab methods.
It’s time to get the help you need for your addiction. Contact us today to learn more about our IOP treatment, Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP) and other outpatient treatment programs in Pomona.